MASS/CONN UNITED TOURNAMENT SERIES
Legs Feed the Wolf Classic 2018
July 20 - 22, 2018
Four game guarantee.
Round robin based on number of registered teams.
Top four teams will play in semifinals with winners moving to championship game.
Consolation games as needed to complete four game guarantee.
A/B. Professional (Any Level), NCAA Div. I-III, Major/Tier 1 or Jr. A
A/B. Jr. B / Non-Varsity College / Midget AAA / Prep School /Varsity High School
B/C. Jr. C /J.V High School / Competitive Midget
C. Bantam / PeeWee / Squirt / Some Youth
C. Very Little Youth Hockey Experience
Tourney will consist of C LEVEL teams.
All players, including goaltenders, must be at least 18 years of age.
A maximum of 20 players may be rostered.
Team jerseys (with unique numbers) are required.
Rosters will freeze at check-in. Players will not be allowed to roster in multiple divisions.
Players must participate in a minimum of one round robin game to be playoff eligible.
1. Period length: Twelve minute, stop time, periods for round robin, quarterfinal and semifinal games. Fifteen minute, stop time, periods for championship games.
2. Penalty lengths: Minors – 1:30, Majors – 4:00, Misconducts – 6:00, Game Misconducts – the duration of current game and the entirety of the next scheduled game. Three penalties in one game mandate removal of the penalized player from the current game. Match penalties and/or fighting mandate a four minute penalty, removal of the penalized player from the current game and expulsion from the tournament.
3. Body Checking: There will be no checking allowed.
4. Matching Penalties: After matching penalties are assessed, play continues at 4-on-4.
5. Time Outs: There will be no time-outs during the round robin. One time-out will be allowed in playoff games
6. Icing & Face-offs: Icing the puck is allowed on the penalty kill. The face-off on a delayed penalty is determined by the point of possession; it is not assessed automatically in the offending team's defensive zone.
GOAL DIFFERENTIAL RULE (RUNNING TIME)
When the goal differential reaches eight (8) at any point within a single game the game clock shall run until the differential reaches seven (7) or lower. Games will be officially recorded at a maximum eight (8) goal differential. Statistics will not be tracked beyond the recorded differential of eight (8) or more.
No overtime in round robin play. There will be a five minute overtime in playoff games. If no winner is determined in overtime, a five player shoot-out will decide the game.
PLAYOFF SEEDING (TIE-BREAKING RULES)
(a) All ties for first place or the last playoff position shall be resolved in accordance with paragraph (b) below. All other ties shall be resolved in accordance with the tie-breaking procedures set forth in paragraph (c).
(b) When two teams are tied for a playoff position at the completion of a balanced schedule:
(i) the team with the most wins shall be awarded the higher position.
(ii) if still tied after (i) above, the team having the most wins against the other shall be awarded the higher position.
(iii) if still tied after (i) and (ii) above, utilizing all games of the round robin, add the goals for and the goals against together and divide the total into the goals against, with the team having the lowest percentage being awarded the higher position.
(iv) if still tied after (i), (ii) and (iii) above, the team that scored the first goal in the round robin between the tied teams is awarded the higher position.
(v) if still tied after (iv) above, a single coin toss will determine the winner.
(c) When more than two teams are tied for a playoff position at the completion of a balanced schedule:
(i) the team with the most wins shall be awarded the highest position.
(ii) if all the teams are still tied after (i) above, utilizing all games of the round robin played between the tied teams, add the goals for and the goals against together and divide the total into the goals against, with the team having the lowest percentage being awarded the highest position.
(iii) if all the teams are still tied after (i) and (ii) above, a single coin toss will determine which team is awarded the highest position. Once this method determines the team to be awarded the highest position, the tie- breaking process is repeated from the beginning with the remaining teams to determine which team is awarded the next highest position.